Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Since Glen and I moved to Ripon, our family tradition has been for the boys to go play flag football with the guys from church, while I stay home and start on dinner. This year, Tori and I started our own tradition and we participated in the Turkey Trot in Modesto. There were over a 1000 runners and very chaotic, but that didn't scare us away. After adjusting to the trail and finding a good spot between the people, we kept a good pace. At the end of the trail, I heard my boss and his wife cheering for us as we got close to the finish line.... so nice to hear the cheers and gave us an extra little boost to cross the finish line. Tori and I were nervous at the beginning but excited to that we finished strong!

Came home and started on the turkey. I have to confess... I am not making the rolls this year, instead we are having Costco rolls! OK, since I confessed about the rolls.... I have to say that I also bought the pie! I am cooking the turkey and Glen is making the mashed potatoes!

Our other Thanksgiving day tradition is to go through the adds and figure out what we want to buy at the black Friday. We map out our stores, what we need to buy and the times. The stores are starting to mess our plans by opening the stores earlier and earlier but... We LOVE going! So here are 2 of my favorite commercials from target.... TOO FUNNY!







And this is Glen's.... Yes... He is the guy that will be glued to the door!



Hope everyone has a great day with family and friends. I am thankful for my husband, my wonderful kids, my extended family and my dear friends that has accepted me the way I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment