Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11



Do you remember where you were and what you were doing when the horrible news of the attacks happened? I do... and I will never forget.
September 11, 2011 @ 7:30am I was driving with both kids to Midas to get oil changed and tires rotated. Brent was 4 years old and tori was almost two years old. While waiting for the car to get worked on, the manager was glued to the TV and I turned around to see the horror on live TV. I couldn't understand at first and so I asked the manager what happened, he didn't know either. We sat glued to the TV and as the news kept showing
the images, and explaining what was happening, the other two ladies, the manager, one other worker , and I started to cry. Brent stopped playing and ask "whats wrong mommy?" and then he saw the TV "FIRE" he screamed. OMG.... I was in shocked and trying to think quickly how to explain what was going on to my little kids. My car took longer than expect to get fixed but I didn't mind because I didn't want to leave and miss any part of the news. As we sat in the small room, total strangers became the support for each other in trying to make sense of what was going on. I will never forget that day and send my heartfelt sorrow and love to those that
lost their lives that day, to those that worked hard in trying to save so many people and losing their lives doing so, and for those families and friends that lost their loved ones. May God send peace today and everyday.




No comments:

Post a Comment