Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Running?! Really?!

OK, so the plan was to first post pictures of my vacation and my kids birthday party... but... until I get all my pictures in order, I decided to add my second post. So here it is!

Running!

Yes people.... I am running (trying to!). It all started with a co-worker and that is all she talked about.... run, run, run. Then, the boss man got involved and another co-worker and so as people were joining on the bandwagon, I was opposed to it, until I gave in and gave it a try. I HATE running! I feel like I am going to DIE! BUT.... as time is passing and the more time I spend out and about with the two different groups I involved myself with, I am starting to get better but still not LOVING IT! I have decided that my first official run will be the Modesto Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day. I am excited and I have to say, with my darling daughter at my side, things seem so much better and easier. She pushes me to go faster and finish. She beats me every time, so I need to get better so I can pass her up!!! This is turning out to be a great mother-daughter bonding time. We have fun running together and she hates when "we" have to skip anything! So the goal is to run the Modesto half or full marathon in March. I hope we can do it!

2 comments: